Tuesday, April 21, 2015

You Can Only Have One First Blog Post

Do I say, 'Welcome' or 'Hello' when this is a first entry to a brand-new blog? I don't know. Likely one of the many reasons why I haven't started blogging before. Because I don't know the rules. And I am a rules sort of person.

Often people see me breaking the rules but, internally, I need rules to follow.

So they can be broken.

It can get complicated being me. Never mind being my spouse.

So, I made some rules. To be disregarded as needed. Naturally.

Whew! Aren't you glad that's settled?

So, now we arrive at...

Welcome! Hello!

I've been wondering what my first ever blog post should be about. I've been sitting here in my office, contemplating my options, cause you know, I want to get this just right. You only write your first blog post once, correct? Knowing I am not of the Born Again blog posters, it's true - the first post is the only first post I get.

Anyway, as I'm contemplating what my potentially wise and fabulous first blog post will be about when my eye was drawn to a bit of colour in the outer office. And I knew exactly what I wanted to share with you in this first post of mine.

It is a gift I received on Sunday from two youth that were in Confirmation Class with me last year. And who also happen to be very good friends of my two eldest children. Here it is:









Get this--all three scenes above are the SAME PICTURE!!

It is one of those very cheesy plastic pictures. Depending on which way you tilt the picture, you get a different scene. One picture, three scenes. Takes me back to grade four.

The teenage boys were killing themselves trying not laugh as they waited for my reaction. They bought me the picture at Comic Con. I think they were trying to get a rise out of me. Maybe hoping for a rant about how Jesus wasn't white people!! Well, I burst out laughing and couldn't stop. It is just so awful.

Naturally I brought the picture to the church and propped it beside the admin's desk. Cause it sure as heck isn't living in my office. I showed off the picture to congregation members who were in the building last night. The funny thing was them trying to decide if they needed to compliment the picture because maybe I genuinely liked it or if they could roll their eyes at its awfulness like they actually wanted to!

I love being in ministry. You just never know where your day is going to end up. Sunday was a gong show--worship service, newcomers luncheon, funeral for a baby born 18 weeks too early and then this gift. This fabulous, wonderfully awful gift that brought laughter at the end of a very long day. So awesome.

And so ends my first blog post.

1 comment: